Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bucket List

OK, it’s July of 2011, I am 44 years old, and I have been thinking about all the things I want to do before I die. So, as of today, here’s my provisional bucket list. I am leaving out all of the obvious ones, like seeing my kids graduate from college, get married and have children. I’ve also left off anything that I’ve already accomplished, like visit China, win a bike race, etc. This is a list of only the non-obvious unaccomplished ones.

1. Forward flip on a windsurfer
2. Backward flip off a wall (or some other equally impressive parkour move)
3. Helicopter on skis (I know, it’s pathetic I haven’t knocked this off yet. But my knees are a mess!)
4. Ride up L’Alpe D’Huez
5. Sail
a. the Newport to Bermuda race on our own boat, or
b. to French Polynesia (if we get more of a cruising boat)
6. Compose a worthy piece of music

That’s it! Should be pretty easy, eh? Some of them (like the parkour moves) will probably get harder as I get older, so I’m leaving now to get started. Wish me luck.

No comments: