Thursday, October 9, 2008

CNBC Update

Mouthbreather Index: 25%

If you don't know what I'm talking about, see here.

I was back at the Yale Club today. It was late afternoon, at the tail end of another 700 point rout of the Dow.

I counted again, this time eight folks stood about watching events unfold on CNBC. Only two had their mouths hanging open this time. One, an older gentleman, fully reclined on one of the couches, looked like he might have his mouth open pretty much all the time, but I counted him anyway. The other was a younger gent, a bit overweight, whose lips were actually closed, but it was quite easy to tell that the jaw had slacked up considerably behind his sloppy maw. He definitely merited a count. I almost snapped a picture of him on my cell phone to share with you.

At 25%, I'd say that people have pretty much gotten used to the news...

No comments: